A Sense of Accomplishment

It's a BE-autiful rainy, Monday afternoon! I'm in such a good mood because I feel like I've finally got something accomplished!

Today was Parent/Teacher Day. Parents had to come to the school and get their student's report cards. First period teachers passed out the report cards, and then parents could go by and visit with the teachers and check on their child's progress. Being the lucky one with first period free, I didn't have to deal with many parents. Instead I got to work in my room and get some things done.

I graded papers, worked on some projects, swept the floor, moved furniture around, and sent out emails. I also wrote out "missed you" postcards to some students who weren't at Sunday School this week. I took care of some Youth situations, etc.

Friday I went to a teacher conference and learned SO much. The speaker gave me so many great, useful ideas on how to better manage my class. So I got supplies and got ready to implement these new strategies into my room. I'm very excited and I think things are going to move a bit smoother as a result.

Now, I'm sitting here at home absolutely caught up. I'm even going to work on some other things that aren't due until next week. Talk about kicking my procrastination right in the tail!

**Sigh** Of course, I'll get bogged down again and will wonder if I'll ever see the light at the end of the tunnel. For today, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the rainy day and bask in my accomplishments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love