Wrong Again....

It's not like I thought he was Superman or that I was holding out for him to be the love of my life. Yet, I did think he was different. I held him in a bit higher regard than other normal men. I honestly thought he had morals and standards. I had hope that maybe, just maybe there was a few good men left in this world. But then again, it's not the first time I've been wrong.

I thought he was more spiritual than most. I knew he didn't drink, didn't cuss, and seemed to have his head on straight. (Please don't take this judgementally, but for a "non-Pentecostal guy" and trust me I realize pentecostals are just as bad as everyone else.) For some reason I was naive to think he knew how to treat women. Then when I heard what he thought about that girl and how he treated her in public verses private, well it all went out the window.

It's not that I judge him. I'm not saying, What a horrible Christian. I just feel let down. I had put faith in him, and it turns out that he isn't really all that different from normal guys. Or maybe, I'm just too different from normal people with my standards too high.

Sometimes I think, am I the only sane one left? Didn't God say to refrain from certain things. Does anyone feel guilty about sinning anymore? Was there a memo sent out about things changing that I missed? I just expect better from Christians.

**Sigh** In the past few months, I've had several people get mad at me for saying that I wasn't comfortable "hooking up" with them. I know that it's popular to kiss people for fun, but that's never been my thing. I'm tired of apologizing for people getting mad at me for having self-respect and morals. When did being friends require so much more than just a friendship?

I'm praying for a man who wants to be my friend because he likes my personality. I want a man who is sexually attracted to me, yet man enough to never even force himself on me until our wedding day. I want a man who understands the word no and respects my boundaries. Most of the time I think he doesn't exist. I'm waiting for God to tell me..."Wrong Again!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love