God, Corn, and a Movie! All I need's the guy!?

There are major details I would like to divulge to the blogosphere concerning a certain situation at school. However, in doing so, I could hurt someones feelings and his reputation if it ever got back around to that person. Also, I have not heard the truth straight from the horse's mouth; I've only been left to assume, and therefore, it could be interpreted as gossip. Since I'm not sure just exactly who does read this blog, I will keep things as discrete as possible.

I'll try not to confuse you, but I think God may have intervened on my behalf in a big, huge way. Now of course, if what I think is true is not really true, then maybe God didn't intervene. I want to think that this person is really a good person, and what I am left to believe happened, really in fact didn't happen. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'm right, and in that case, God really deserves a great big praise from me!

Confused yet? Even though I never felt threatened by this person, I was in circumstances where had he acted like he did with other people, I could have been put into a very uncomfortable situation or possibly harmed. Thankfully, God kept his hand on me, and nothing happened, and possibly he was stopped before something could happen.
***********************
Our church has been in a healing and deliverance crusade the past 2 weeks. Lots of miracles, physically, emotionally, and financially, took place. It was extremely great services; such an awesome presence of God was there. The evangelist prayed for me, my students at school, and my work with the youth ministry. He told me that God wanted me to know that I was going to raise young corn. He gave me a scripture in the Bible about young corn. He said, "I'm not sure if God's been talking to you about corn or not." I didn't know what he was referring to, but I couldn't think about anything that had to do with corn. Then a friend from church reminded me of my tree in my classroom at school. The tree is called a "corn tree" because it resembles the leaves on a corn stalk. My students love my trees and have even named them. It seemed so fitting then that God would use corn to refer to my ministry with teenagers.
***********************
I went to the movies to see "Facing the Giants." If you have the opportunity to see this movie, do so! For those of you unfamiliar with the movie, it's about a Christian high school and a football coach's attempt to teach his players Biblical lessons on and off the field. The acting is amateur, and at first I thought they could have possibly found someone better to use. However, after a while, I got so caught up in the story that I forgot about the actors' skills or lack thereof. I was so touched by the message of the movie. I sat and cried during most of it.
***********************
I'm taking the youth group to Meridian, MS for MS Youth Convention this weekend. I can't help but share Chantell's thoughts. Every time I go to a church function I think, "What if I meet a guy there?" It's so aggravating at times. I wish I could just go and not even think about it, but in the back of mind it's there. Then I feel like I'm being one of "those" girls, and I chastise myself for putting myself out there. UGH! Does it ever end??

Comments

Anonymous said…
Men are more trouble than we are worth. Enjoy the single life! According to a recent Time Magazine article nearly half of Americans ages 25-29 are unmarried. Join the party!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love