I Feel Dirty!

Maybe I took the whole conversation the wrong way. Maybe I'm the one that took a little joking too far. Either way, I still feel dirty! Let me fill you in on the conversation:

Him: Goodnight.
Me: Night. Sleep Tight.
Him: Only if you're here with me.
Me: I guess it's going to be a long night for you.
Him: Well I can dream can't I?
Me: As long as it's not rated over PG.
Him: You realize that means we need parental guidance. Not going to be so great with mom and dad with us.
Me: You are a mess! You working tomorrow?
Him: No, why? You going to come see me?
Me: No. Just making conversation.
Him: Well you could come by and we could watch a movie or something.
Me: I don't even know where you live.
Him: I could tell you if you're interested.
Me: I may could come by that way as long as we keep it just friends.
Him: Well you don't say? I won't bug you anymore. Goodnight.
Me: Huh? Did I make you mad?
Him: Nope, we're just friends remember. Goodnight.
My thoughts: What just happened there? Did you really think that I would come to your house to hook up with you or sleep with you? You do remember that I've seen you twice in my whole life and the first time I really wasn't paying you that much attention. I realize that you're not a "church" guy, but come on, give me more credit than that!

It made me feel cheap, dirty. I knew things like that happen. I see it on TV and movies all the time, but I never had someone assume that of me. maybe I interpreted the whole conversation wrong. At first I assumed that he was just joking around. He is a very un-serious type of guy. But then with the invite, I wanted to make sure I wasn't leading him on, and bam. He doesn't want to even talk after that. It's not as though I was thinking this guy was the one. I just thought it would be nice to hang out with someone my own age that I don't see on an everyday basis. Well he can forget it if that's all he wants!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That sounds pretty intense. How's your stomach feeling? I wasn't even involved and I am nauseous!
Kim said…
See what I mean! Ugh!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love