Bah Humbug!

I'm being a Grinch today, so prepare for a rant.

Christmas is not the most wonderful time of the year. It's not holly and jolly. I'm not rocking around the Christmas tree. I'm tired, worn out, and could care less! I realize that Christmas is suppose to be all about the birth of Christ, but come on. Spare me! What does Christmas presents, Christmas trees, and Christmas parties have to do with Jesus....NOTHING! So why do we pretend it does??

This has been my schedule lately. Practice for winter worship service at church. Go to a Christmas banquet at church. Get ready for 9 weeks test. Get ready for semester exams. Practice for Winter Worship service at church. Get food for a Christmas party at church. Buy Christmas presents for people. When do I have time to sit down and concentrate on "The reason for the season?" When do I have time to spend time with friends and family? I'm too busy preparing for this and running around for this, that I'm left totally exhausted and frustrated.

I'm all up for the Holiday Traditions, I love giving and receiving gifts. I especially love 2 weeks off of from work. It's just all the other hustle and bustle that comes along with it that I could do with out. By the time it's all over and done with I haven't had a moment of enjoyment, and I'm more tired than when I began.

Comments

'b' said…
i love your blogs. i'm also a humbug, but this is my christmas blog: http://bradtitus.blogspot.com/2006/12/lucky-and-beautiful.html

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love