Blue, Blue, Blue Christmas

I feel a little like Elvis....It's a bit of a blue Christmas for me. I'm not depressed just a bit bummed. Christmas just isn't exciting anymore. When my Nanna was alive, all of my mom's family would get together. I would get to spend the whole day eating and goofing off with my cousins. Now with no common bond to bring us together and everyone getting older and having their own Christmas traditions, our family celebration has dwindled. Most likely it will just be me, my brother and the rents.

I am glad to still have my few, don't get me wrong. I do realize there are many people who don't have anyone. So I still count myself blessed, but for me it's still a bit of a let down. Plus I, myself, am getting older. I'm not as excited to see what is left under the tree for me. I'm at that age where Christmas doesn't have any excitement; it's just another day.

All these people are getting married, having kids, or at least spending the holidays with significant others. I lack that in my life. And the holiday seasons only remind me of that fact. I'm off work and have nothing to keep me busy and therefore I have plenty of time to watch sappy, romantic comedies and daydream of the perfect guy.

Let's not even get to the subject of New Year's Eve....

Comments

April said…
A little elvis and some sap are good for the soul. I know what you mean though- you're actually in a majority this time of year. Hope your Christmas is happy.
Anonymous said…
What happened to Christmas? It isn't exciting anymore, is it? Blah.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love