Ring Out the Old Year, Bring in the New!

I'm very glad to see another year come. 2006 turned out to be a great year. It was pretty rocky at the beginning, but all in all, I can say 2006 ended up being terrific! It ended on an extremely high note, and it is still going into the new year, so I only have great things to expect.

Thinking back over last year there were some heartaches, but in the end, I was renewed in my faith, and God has been proving his greatness ever since. He's been blessing me and revealing Himself to me in so many new ways. It's amazing how good He's been to me. I know that I'm in His will, serving Him the way He intended. It's such an overwhelmingly good feeling to know that I'm right where I'm suppose to be for the moment. 2006 has been a year of great revelation for me. I've learned more about God and myself than ever. It's been a year of maturity both physically and spiritually.

I've spent the past few days in Hot Springs and Little Rock, AR, visiting friends before I have to go back to school. (Being a teacher has great perks!) I haven't seen any of these people since August or later so it was really good to get to catch up on everything I've been missing. During the trip I realized just how good things are going right now. So many times I fled to Hot Springs to retreat from pain and to try and fix myself. This time I went not needing to be fixed and actually got to do some encouraging and ministering to others. God is really cool at putting the right people in your life sometimes and then giving you the opportunity to return the favor.

I also got to have lunch with a friend and for the first time ever I felt like we finally connected. I've spent plenty to time with this person before, but every time so many issues got in the way of the friendship that it just never seemed to work right. I guess the time apart gave us both the chance to mature. This time we sat down and talked, and I felt something different. We were both on the same page, were listening, respecting, and caring about what the other said. We finally reached that friendship that I always wanted. It was very refreshing.

So I'm raising my glass to a 2007 and welcoming it with open arms!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love