Breathe!

In Tonight's episode of Grey's Anatomy, Derrick Shepherd's tells his girlfriend Meredith Grey that he is having doubts about their relationship. She recently fell in the ocean (bay or something) and almost drown. So the conversation goes something like this.

"When you came up out of that water, I spent the scariest hour of my life trying to breathe for you. You can swim, but you didn't....I want you. I love you. But I just don't know if I want to spend the rest of my life trying to breathing for you."

This show has such a way of saying what I'm thinking. Sometimes you just get tired of putting all the effort into the relationship, coaching that person to communicate, open up, be there for you. No matter how much you love them or want them, it's hard to make it last if you are the only one doing all breathing...

Comments

'b' said…
it sort of reminds me of a song by teddy gieger ...

"did anyone try to hard/well i guess i did/i guess i did alright."

you can't "force" someone to love you or to commit, no matter how good it would be for them. i think i understand (and have shared in) your frustration.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love