God's Plan In Action!

So to make a long story short, I found out some information on my ex-boyfriend. This unfortunately, isn't any ex, he was the ex! He's the guy who has totally ruined me towards guys. We dated when I was a senior in high school. He gave me a promise ring (which I still have to this day), I had ever intention of marrying him right after graduation, he broke my heart, and I never quite got over him.

The information is this -- He got married about 3-4 years ago and got divorced. He has in the past year remarried and is expecting his first child. He is an assistant youth pastor at some charismatic church in Georgia. He's 23 years old and already working on his second marriage. I'm 23 and haven't even started on my second boyfriend since him! I can't imagine being at that place in my life.

Even though he was my first love and I'll always have a connection to him, I feel really relieved. I would have been his ex-wife if we had stayed together. After all the nights I spent crying and wondering what happened, it all makes sense. God had a completely different plan for my life. I'm not sure why I deserve better, but I'm so thankful that God wanted that for me.

Comments

the lizness said…
You do deserve better. Divorce is crazy painful no matter if it is a relief or not. You just hang tight for the right one.
'b' said…
god's will is exactly what we would choose for ourselves if we knew the whole picture. knowing this provides a great element of faith.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love