Prom and Easter

Finally the Italy Article is up! Ninetyandnine has been having some technical difficulties, so you have to visit the old site in order to view the article. Do that here!

Last week was a blur for me! Not only was I preparing for Easter, I was also preparing for Prom. Because of Easter holidays, we had Prom on Thursday night instead of Friday. That meant we had to one less day to decorate the gym, but it came out just perfect. I had a blast watching the kids dance and enjoy themselves. I even got in a couple of dances too, some with the students, one with a coach (which I can say was actually kinda nice :-) )

Friday I took the girls from my Sunday school class to Jackson for some shopping. Our pastor's wife felt a burden to take the girls shopping and buy them a complete Easter outfit. Many of them have low self esteems, and we wanted them to feel extra pretty this year. So we went last weekend to Little Rock and did most of the shopping. I finished it up with them on Friday. We had so much fun, and the girls got some GREAT outfits.

Saturday, I went back to Jackson with a friend who had to pick up a pump for her pool. Even though it's 50 degrees outside right now, she's trying to prepare for summer. And down here in the south, it won't be long before we're all in the pool.

Sunday, whew, it was tiring. We had morning service, then practices all afternoon for our Sunday night service. Instead of doing all our Easter stuff in the morning, we usually do it at night so people who go to other churches in the morning can see the program. It wasn't very elaborate this year as we've just got out of a 2 week revival, but it still went over great. The youth girls are really stepping up. They sang a song as an ensemble and tore it up. I was sooo proud of them. We also did a drama to the Avalon song "Glory of the Blood". We only practiced it one day (Sunday) and they nailed it like they had been practicing for weeks.

So thankfully, public schools have Monday after Easter off. That means, I got to sleep in! We are having a softball game today at the school, so I will be heading up there around 4 pm to take pictures for the yearbook. My work is never done...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love