It Still Hurts

My friend's father got really sick last Friday night. He's 86 and has had a hard time breathing for years. The ambulance came and got him, and he was placed on life support. The doctors basically told them that he would die soon. The family had to make the decision to pull him off the life support, or to keep him on permanently.

Her father answered the question for them. On Wednesday, he pulled out the tubes himself, sat up on the side of the bed, and asked for water! He lived for 3 more days; he passed away early Saturday morning. Even though they are mourning their loss, they feel blessed that they had the chance to say goodbye.

Another friend's mother had a stroke Thursday. I talked to him today, and he was feeling down. He told me "I trust God, but what if God takes her away?" I instantly felt his pain. Just because you trust God, it doesn't stop it from hurting. Even though God's ways are better than ours, sometimes it takes years to understand and years for the pain to dull down.

I don't know why people have to endure the pain they do I don't know why some people get chances to say goodbye and other's don't. I can never full fathom God's ways because they are such much higher than mine. I'm catering to my needs and my friends and families. Most likely, I may be catering to 5-10 people. God is catering to 6+ billion people at one time. All I can do is trust in a God, even if it hurts and doesn't make sense.

Keep my friend's mother in your prayers, Patricia Whisler. Keep my other friend's family, the Prewitts, in your prayers also. Pray that they will still trust God despite the pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter