Music-less Revival

For whatever reasons that are not important, my pastor has decided to clear off the platform. In our main services, we have no live music. All our music is coming from CDs, and everyone is invited to have worship time in the altar.

For typical APs, it sounds bizarre, and many would question the action. However, I can honestly say we had 2 of the greatest services this weekend as a result. We haven't gotten past worship service. He invited us down to the altar, we all started praying and the next thing you know people we've NEVER seen before are getting the Holy Ghost! It's been phenomenal. I saw people who haven't really prayed in years, fall to their knees in the presence of God.

I know that a lot of people are apprehensive about the change, but honestly, I think it's for the best. It's nothing permanent of course, but it's given a chance for some who hide behind their instruments to be an active part in worship. Some people won't accept it, and refuse to confirm to the new arrangement, but they are only hurting themselves.

Revival is sweeping through our church. It may be unorthodox and offensive to some. That's how I know it's God!

Comments

Randall said…
Amen
the lizness said…
"When the music fades, and all is stripped away/And I simply come"

That is an incredibly brave move, and I'm glad your congregation has been supportive. As music minister and the only piano player, I have longed for services like that! :) But the Lord is still faithful to move on me to worship through my piano playing.

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter