While I'm Away

I had to post tonight before I left for vacation. I doubt very seriously I'll have any access to the internet while I'm away, so it will be next Saturday or Sunday at the earliest that you'll hear from me. How will we ever make it?!

I just spent the last hour packing! I despise packing! I love to travel, but I hate to prepare for a trip. I always over analyze everything I take. I bring things I don't need, and I usually forget at least one thing that I should have brought. At least this time I'm driving, so hopefully there won't be any lost luggage!

Another crazy thing about traveling is that I'm always a tad sad/worrisome about leaving. Of course, it's never enough to make me stay, but I do have a moment of hesitation in me. That feeling, whatever it may be, is my fear that I may miss something important or life changing while I'm away. It's not that I'm a control freak, but I do like the feeling of helping people out when in need. For a brief instant, I concern myself that something may happen that I would need to take care of and I won't be there to see it done. It's very nerve racking because 85% of my mind is raring to leave, while that small 15% is running through scenarios of what could take place while I'm gone.

I've already sent emails out to my pastor and my 2 fellow youth leaders giving a play by play of everything that must take place here while I'm gone, and what will be transpiring as soon as I return. Could you imagine me with my own children?? Maybe that's another reason why I'm not to excited about having any!?

Once I'm gone, I don't worry. There are many times I have to remind myself to even call home or check in. If I do check in often, it's just because I'm excited about what's going on and I want to share it. But preparing to leave is such a hassle for me. That's why I postpone it to the very end, like tonight.

So here's a "see ya later", as I must try and get some sleep; I've got an early day tomorrow!

Comments

the lizness said…
have a great vacation!
'b' said…
seriously ... uber-bad kimblog withdraws. shaking, insomnia, crawling skin ... i don't know how i'm going to make it.
Anonymous said…
i just want to ask you what you left for "fellow youth leaders" to do as a must while you were away? i guess it was to somehow brainwash the youth, maybe?

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter