Branson, MO

So some friends of mine invited me to go on vacation with them and their children to Branson, MO for a week. I'm always up for travel and fun, so of course I jumped at the chance. Here's what we did and few stories to go along with it...

Saturday: Mini-Golf, Grand Jubilee show.
Sunday: Laser Tag, Legends in Concert, Shanghai Circus
Monday: Table Rock Lake
Tuesday: Parasailing, IMax Theater, The Best of Motown, The Presley's
Wednesday: Lambert's, Tony Roi's Elvis Experience, Six
Thursday: Shopping, Mini-Golf
Friday: Silver Dollar City

The Story (There's always got to be one)
We were at the Best of Motown show, just having a great time. We had front row seats, and although the kids with us didn't know most of the music, I had been raised listening to 50's and 60's music. I was clapping and snapping my fingers and singing along to almost every song.

If you've ever been to one of these type shows, there is usually a lot of audience participation and interaction. So DJ was singing a rendition of "Midnight Hour" and asked for everyone to stand up. He would sing "I'm gonna wait till the" and we would sing "midnight hour." He began to walk around the audience putting the microphone in front of people when they sang that part. So he got to me stuck the mic in front of me and I sang "midnight hour." It shocked DJ and many of the other members in the audience that I could actually sing.

During the next act, the other two guys, Kirk and Doc, came out and DJ pointed me out to them, whispering I was the girl that could sing. I was able to talk to the guys during intermission and after the show. They were shocked to hear I was 23, let alone a public school teacher. Several of the people in the audience complimented me on my singing. I found it rather humorous since growing up in Pentecost it's not uncommon to be surrounded by singers.

Well we have left that theater and are eating ice cream down the road. A lady walks up to me and says, "Were you the young lady that sang at the Motown show? You were so good!" By this time everyone that I'm with is groaning! I sang 2 words for crying out loud! But for the rest of the trip, my friend's youngest son and friend kept referring to me as famous. We all got a laugh out of it.

The Best of Motown Show: Doc, Me, DJ, Brenda, and Kirk


Another Story (or 2)
Elvis impersonators like me. At Legends in Concert, we again were on the first row making tons of noise. The Elvis impersonator (Dean Z) blew kisses to me. After the show he told me what a great front row we were, gave me a hug, and took a picture with us. At the Tony Roi show (the best Elvis impersonator I've ever seen), I got a kiss on the cheek from Elvis, and he told me how much he loved my southern accent. So I was feeling the love from Elvis.
At Legends In Concert: Austin, Steve, Heather, Tyler, Niki, Elvis (Dean Z),
Me, Brooke, Robyn, and Ray


Then there's the Six brothers show. Those guys are phenomenal. They sing A Capella and whatever musical sounds they have are made with their mouths. There is one guy who just does drum noises and another who does the bass. You have to check out the video clip on their website. Anyway, during the show they would take breaks and do a bit of comedy. Well again, sitting on the front row, you get a lot of attention. So I laughed twice at jokes that no one else laughed at, so they ended up giving me a free CD during intermission.

Everything else was a blast. If you've never gone parasailing, do it! It was too cool! That's all the fun I have to share with you about my trip. So it looks like I'm back here at home until school starts, and unfortunately that's right around the corner!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We can tell you're back ,The water bill has gone up!
Randall said…
Oh man! Branson? You are a real charismatic now!!! ;-)
Looks like you had a great time......We go to Branson several times a year......

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter