The Rapture and the 11th Plague!

After traveling all day, I just wanted to get my suitcases back in my car and head home. I had a wonderful time on my trip, but I was tired. So I walked over to where my car had been sitting for the past week, and unlocked the doors.

I had noticed some bird poo on the hood of my car and ants crawling around it, but that is nothing unusual for me. However when I opened my door, I discovered the ants weren't just on the outside but all over the inside as well. My door was almost black, covered with ants. Ants were crawling in my seat, on my console, and all in my stereo. I opened up the door to the backseat and there were more. They were even in my trunk!

I did the only thing a independent, single young lady would do. I called my dad! His cell phone went straight to his voice mail. I called the house. The phone rang and rang but no answer. I called my mom's cell phone, and still no answer. So I called my second mom, thinking she would know where my parents were. She was out of town but suggested I call my second dad. Of course, he didn't answer either. So here I am thinking the rapture had taken place, I had been left behind, and God had sent me the 11th plague!

After several more attempts, I was finally able to reach my parents. After a heated "why haven't you been answering the phone", I explained that my car was covered with ants and I needed a ride home. My mom asked me what I planned to do with my car. I let her know it could sit on the side of the road forever; I wasn't driving it with all those ants inside.

My wonderful dad came to the rescue and drove my car home. He put a fumigator in the car overnight, and the next day he vacuumed and washed my car for me. It still smells of insecticide, and I've found a few intoxicated ants scrambling around, but I think the worst is over.

Comments

the lizness said…
shoo girl, I'd be calling my dad too. ants ::shudder::

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter