Shifting Focus

I could focus on the lies. I could concentrate on the negative. I could worry and try to figure out the next step. Instead, I'm trusting God. I know that this is all coming to an end. So instead, I'll focus on the positive.

Being a youth leader is one of the hardest tasks I've ever took on. Some days it stresses me out, and the kids worry me to no end. Then there are days like today. Times that I am so proud that I remember what I'm fighting for.

One of the members of our youth group called a meeting. Me and three other youth members. He poured out his heart to those other three kids. He cried as he told of the burden God had placed upon him. He urged the others that it was now or never for them to step out. He stated that if those 4 didn't step out and make revival happen, it never would. I could feel his sincerity as he spoke. As a youth leader, I live for those moments. My desire is that a burden falls on every young person like it has on this special child. I know the others will step up. It's in them, dying to come out.

And so that is what I choose to focus on. God has everything else under control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter