Miscellaneous

It's the third day of school, and surprisingly, I haven't had a single problem! My days have run so smoothly, that I'm a bit scared of the bomb waiting to drop next week. For now, I'm praying that God let's it continue in the same vein!

Tonight is our first REMIX service since we started our new church. We're not completely ready to start over; we don't even have our sound all set up yet, but we wanted to go ahead and get back in the groove of things. We're praying for an influx of youth, so this will be a good starting practice without too many kids there.

For all of my fellow sports fans, Did anyone see Barry Bonds hit homerun #756? I had the game on but fell asleep. I woke up with Bonds was giving his speech, so I woke up my parents and watched the replay about 10 times.

I'm a bit sad this week. Youth Congress starts today, but I can't go because it's the first week of school. It's such a bad time for me, and there was no way I could ask off this early in the year. I'm staying in touch via 90&9 bloggers who are posting during the event.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Kim! Thought I'd drop in on you and see how you're doing. School Daze is right...lol. Isn't it amazing what a difference it makes to already have one year of teaching in your toolbelt? Your confidence level shows and the kids will respond to that. The work you are doing is so important. Yes, its a public school , but it is still a ministry. Christ in you may be the only Christ some of those kids will ever see. I know it sounds like a cliche, but it is a reality. Let your light shine...you go girl! Sunshine's Mom
Anonymous said…
Sunshine's Mom again...:)
Here's a quote I've had since I started teaching which I'd like to share with you. You can share it with your co-teachers if you'd like. It speaks to the ministry we have in the classroom. Enjoy!

"I've come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. My personal approach creates the climate. My daily mood makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool for torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or de-humanized."
-Haim Ginott

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love