Who Changed Thanksgiving??

Failure is my friend, if I learn from my mistake...I wrote that really big on my notes I was taking during church Sunday night. Unbeknown to me, God was going to make sure I got the hint this week.

I'm planning a trip to LA with my friend right before Thanksgiving. I found some tickets online and decided to go ahead and book them. I had to try 3 credit cards and the website still kept rejecting me. I called NWA helpline and they told me they were going to get me all squared away. So a week later, I check my credit card online, and I have no charges for the tickets. I call NWA and about 3 more credit cards and an hour later, I've finally purchased the tickets.

3 days later (today) I'm sitting in class talking to my yearbook staff. We are trying to plan an event, and some student ask when Thanksgiving break is. I called out the dates, she's looking at the calendar, and says "No, it's the week before that." WHAT!!?? Thanksgiving is always around the 27th or so, the last Thursday in November. There is a whole week of November left if Thanksgiving is on the 22nd!

At the speed of light all this information is running through my brain and then all of a sudden it hits me! I booked the flight for the wrong week!!!!! I'm such an idiot. I never even looked to make sure what day Thanksgiving was. Who changed Thanksgiving?? So now I'm paying $100 per ticket to reschedule my flight. (And to totally get off the main subject of this post, $100 per ticket is just highway robbery. How do Airlines get away with this kinda stuff??)

So I've failed this week, but I've learned my lesson....I wish the price just wasn't so high!

Comments

ouch. that hurts my wallet.
Anonymous said…
That stinks, but for future reference, Southwest Airlines does not have a fee for changing your ticket. Even if you have to miss your flight, you have up to a year to reschedule and pay the difference in the price of the ticket or if the ticket is cheaper that you are changing to they will refund you. They are really great. Sorry, they totally raked you over the coals this time.
Anonymous said…
Too bad southwest doesnt got to CALI!!! Its ok kim, I still love you!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love