Quiet Time in the Car

Last night at REMIX, our Wednesday night youth services, one of the other youth leaders was giving a devotion. He was refreshing us on the importance of quiet time with God. He really broke it down for everyone, including ways to become more disciplined and overcome time robbers.

I really took what he said to heart, as I have slacked majorly on my quiet time. I know there is no good excuse, but with school starting, I just haven't made the time available to sit and commune with God like I should. Thankfully, God is patient and more understanding than myself.

So as I was driving to school today, I was reviewing the aforementioned lesson in my head. I decided to turn on the radio and do a little praying on my way to work. I ended up having an awesome time of praise and worship while driving. Barlow Girls version of "Enough" was playing, and I just worshiped God and sang along. The lyrics to the song had great meaning this morning as I realized that God is enough for me. My job is great, but God is greater. I can't lose sight of that.

I almost got to work in tears. I find myself lately just basking in the awesomeness of God. I find myself maturing in God. I'm not so concerned about what I need God to fix or move for me. I discover that I'm just sitting in awe of His majesty every time I pray.

FYI: 90&9 has a new blog all about becoming a "spiritual" person and the journey towards that person. I've found it very enlightening, and highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love