Too Late or Just the Beginning?

Sometimes you don't know the difference until it's too late.

I'm not a insect expert. However I know there are huge similarities between a moth and a butterfly. Both of them make some type of cocoon, have wings with pretty designs, etc. Yet if you look close enough, there are obvious distinctions between the two bugs. But if you aren't really noticing, a moth can appear to be a beautiful butterfly. Although we may not can tell them apart by looking, we all know that a moth can do some damage to our wardrobe...eating small holes into our cute outfits.

Oftentimes in life, we come across a moth that we think is a butterfly. We think there is a beautiful thing/person in our lives, only to find find out that person is destructive. Many times I've mistaken certain situations thinking that it was good for me, only to find out that it was bad. Even after careful examination, it's hard to tell if that beautiful thing is going to help or destroy.

Sometimes I get burned by the whole moth theory though. I can't tell the difference between the moth and the butterfly, and my fear keeps me at bay. I'm so afraid that it may be a moth that I miss out on a beautiful butterfly. Fear keeps us hiding from the beautiful possibilities of life.

No one wants to be fooled by a moth, but sometimes you may just be presently surprised.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love