Firsts....

  • I shot a real gun for the first time in my life yesterday afternoon. I didn't like it at all. I hate guns now just as much as I did before. I didn't get any cool rush of adrenaline. I got a shaky feeling inside from the kick and loud noise. I felt like a scared, little girl. DS, I do appreciate your concern for my safety, but really...guns aren't for me. I guess there IS a girl in my somewhere!
  • Our Remix Youth Band had our first paying gig yesterday morning! A new local church that we have fellowshipped with several times invited us over to do the worship set for their youth service. We were definitely not looking for money, but it kinda made us feel like a real band. We just had a great time worshiping with them; it was a really good experience for us.

Comments

Randall said…
Healthy respect for guns is the correct response. You should feel some fear and a great sense of responsibility when holding a gun. If I were teaching someone about gun safety I would want them to have that respect for piece of machinery that can take a life in less than a second. As an adult you have the right to protect yourself and possibly the lives of others but with these rights come great responsibility. There was a deaf lady murdered by a stalker a few miles from my house. Because of my wife's disability and our rural location, I realize that she could be a target. I feel that it is my responsibility to see that my wife has the training to be able to defend not only herself but also our children. With the proper education you don’t have to like guns but at least you will be armed with the knowledge should you need it.

I know that I have told you already, but in case anyone reads this, your singing and worship was awesome at “The Way”.
'b' said…
coward ....

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love