It's one of those times...

I absolutely hate being a girl at times. (That line should be enough to warn every guy to proceed with caution...)

Sometimes, when it's that time of the month, I can get extraordinarily moody. I know when it's coming on, but it's not as if it's something you can announce to the world. If you are sick, then you can simply say I don't feel well. Then when someone asks you, what's wrong, you can say, my stomach hurts, my head hurts. But it's hard to explain to someone in a polite manner that you want to rip everyones head off or bust out crying just because your brain is telling you too.

It doesn't help that I had an emotional conversation or that my pastor wrote me a really sweet encouraging letter. So I just had a bit of a breakdown, but I'm feeling better now.

I just overwhelm myself. I try to be everything to everyone because I want people to be comfortable even if it wears me out. I don't know why I try to please everyone; I'm not sure what happened in my early childhood to put that character trait in me, but it's a taxing one. The thing is that when I try to step back and take a break, I feel guilty for not doing all that I can.

For now, I'm going to bed, and I'll try and figure it out in the morning.

Comments

chantell said…
What's funny is that you say "it's not as if it's something you can announce to the world," but you just did by blogging about it. :-P

But I know how it be's, sister. I know how it be's.
'b' said…
i stubbed my toe. that's basically the same thing, right?

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love