Saving the Last Dance...

Tonight was Homecoming, and being the hip, cool teacher that I am, I chaperoned the dance. I do believe the parents and I had more fun than the students did. We danced like it was 1999. (Ok, I'm becoming one of those lame teachers now aren't I?) I danced with several of the students and shook my tail feathers!

I just couldn't help but think how much fun high school was and how much I missed out on when I was younger because I had the typical teenage attitude. At the moment, you think you are too cool for that stuff, and sometimes you miss out on great memories. Six years later, you think, "Man, I wish I was back in high school..."

So I guess tonight I relived a bit of my old high school days. Being a teacher gives me the opportunity to do that every once in a while. The only thing was that I kept thinking how I wished I had a real dance partner to share those fun moments with.

I guess I'll just keep saving that last dance for someone special...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love