Serving God Can Suck!

It's been an uneventful week, Thank God! Therefore, I've had nothing really to blog about. Last week was 9 weeks test (mid-term), this week we had to have grades in the computers, and Monday is report card day! Also, next week is homecoming week, so that may prove to be interesting.

I do apologize for not feeding you with wonderful stories about my life. I love the fact that you all read my musings, but I do now recognize the fact that many people I know personally read. That presents a problem b/c now I have to be careful what I say. I may hurt someone's feelings. That bothers me a little because my blog is my release, my therapy. But I'll find some way around it.

Last night and today, I attended the Extraordinary Women's conference in Jackson. It was such a great time, and I heard several great speakers. I got to hear Michelle McKinney Hammond speak, and even meet her in person! If you've never read her books about empowering women, you must check them out. Also Lisa Whelchel, who played Blair Warren on The Facts of Life was a speaker. She spoke from the heart, and it was beautiful.

The speaker that that impacted me the most was Carol Kent. Carol Kent has always lived a Christian life, she's been speaking at ladies' conferences for years. She has 1 son, graduated from Naval Academy, got married to a lady with 2 small children who had suffered a lot of hurt in her life. He got into a confrontation with his step-children's father, and killed the man. Carol Kent's only child is now in jail, serving a life sentence without parole.

I realize that murder is wrong, but this guy felt as if he was protecting his family. He was most likely in a rage and for lack of a better word "temporarily insane." This woman is a God-fearing person. She has dedicated her life to serve God and her son has been in jail for 8 years now. It hurt my feelings. It made me sad to think that God didn't intervene. They have had several appeals but to no avail. Why did God allow this to happen? More amazing is, How does this woman still serve God and encourage others?

Sometimes serving God sucks! It's not always easy, and sometimes it requires much pain. For some people, choosing to follow after God only brings them physical pain. I'm not sure it would be enough to know that life would be better in the afterlife. I don't know how much encouraging I could do for others if my world was as messed up as some.

It woke me up to realize that serving God isn't always beautiful and easy. Serving God can be tough, and the most scary thing is that at any moment, God may take away my normal life and leave me with nothing in this world. I hope and pray that even then I'll have the courage to serve him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love