Coming Home...

So I'm sitting in the floor of Barnes & Noble in Riverside, CA. We couldn't find a plug in at the Starbucks cafe, and the laptop was dead. So we are sitting in the middle of the "Religious" section. It was as if God was calling us to the outlet!

Tomorrow I will be heading home, back to reality. I must admit that Hollywood...the whole LA area...is so surreal. I can't believe that people actually live everyday in this fairy tale land. I can definitely see how thousands of people get caught up in the dream of becoming famous. It's in the air...I think the smog is actually spirits luring people to stay...to dream...to believe that even I could have my name in lights.

**Sigh** But I realize that life is more than having your face plastered on billboards or the big screen. Not that I would mind being famous, but after a while, I think the fantasy fades with everyone. There is still something missing. There is still a hole inside the heart that can't be filled with expensive shoes or homes or wet cement from the Grauman's Chinese Theater. There is a Jesus shaped hole that must be filled. I talked to a girl who has spent over 10 years chasing the elusive dream. She's spent thousands of dollars on acting classes, yet no big break. Somehow I think even if she did get a great gig, she would still be unfulfilled.

L.A. was everything I thought it would be and more. I enjoyed my stay and will come back to visit. There are so many things I didn't get to do. But I'm ready to go home...knowing that Jesus is the fulfillment I need. Yes, I was star struck, and still am a bit when I think of it...but I bask in the knowledge that I'm Jesus struck...for eternity!

Comments

Don Ryan said…
I travel to New York City a lot on vacation on feel the same way about the surreal-ness. People go there everyday to see if they can "make it" as Frank Sinatra would say. It can be very intoxicating. Yet, I always manage to keep my flight home.

Enjoy your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love