Psychoanalysis

I'm sitting at the lunch table today, having the same conversation that I seem to have everyday with one of the coaches, when it came out....

"I'm deathly afraid of Rejection, ok?" I gasped! Did I just admit that? Outloud??

The coach began to clap. Thank you, I've been trying to get you to admit that since day 1!

Then it just all came spilling out. I am. I fear rejection with every ounce of my being. That is why I don't like to do things that I know I won't be good at. That's why I'm afraid of making the first step. That's why I hide my true feelings sometimes. That's why I can't make small talk with new people. I try to avoid rejection at all costs!

Now....admitting is one thing. But being able to get over it, well....that's a whole new ballgame.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Batter up!
Daniel Alicea said…
Yep. Me too, Kimmy.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love