Praying for a Miracle

Have you ever been at a point where you don't even know what to pray. It's kinda like this...

God, I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be praying? I don't want to beg, but I want it. But I also want Your will. What I really want, is for what I want to be Your will. And I'd like it to work out sooner than later. But, I'm not stupid enough to think that my ideas would be better than Your ideas. So go ahead and do what You want because that will be better.

After a little while, I just sat and cried because I didn't know what else to say.

So today I tried again, and I think it came out a little better. I prayed for miracles. Not earth shattering, raising the dead miracles, just small miracles...but miracles nonetheless. I need a few miracles right now. I need to be reminded that I'm not forgotten. I need to know there a few things saved up there for me.

Comments

chantell said…
100% there with you. I guess I'm past the begging and crying stage and I've just said, "There's nothing more I can do, so I'm going to finally leave it in Your hands and I promise I won't try to take it back out of Your hands again." Easier said than done, but possible.

Here's something else: When you cry out to God, He does hear you, and when you expect to hear from Him, He will do something crazily confirmational that will prove to you that He heard you and that it is none other than He who has answered you.
i struggle with my own selfish prayers. i've actually spoken the words, "let you will be done, but if i get any say at all, this is what i'd like". i know He knows what's best....and often i don't understand why getting to the best has to hurt.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love