Dear Mom and Dad

I want to let you know how much I appreciate you. You have been some of the greatest parents, and I know that sometimes my actions and words don't show it. You have always provided for me and gone out of your way to make sure that I had what I needed and even a lot of things I just wanted.

I am so glad for the way you raised me. I'm glad that you brought me up in moderation. You had strict guidelines, but were always aware of when things needed to be a bit more lenient. Because of that, you have kept me from a lot of potentially bad situations. You pushed me to succeed, and did what you had to in order for me to have the best education possible. Now, as a teacher, I'm so glad that I had those opportunities because I realize how important they are.

I'm glad for my Christian upbringing and teaching me that God should be the most important aspect of my life. I hope that you realize that God is everything to me.

You've always given me your honest opinion and allowed me to make my own choices. Then at the times when things all came crumbling down, you cried with me and still loved me.

Please understand that nothing has changed. I still respect your opinions even in I don't agree with them. I'm not questioning your methods or saying that my upbringing was wrong. My decisions are not an attempt to rectify mistakes you made. This is about me being my own person and coming to my own conclusions.

It is because of you that I am who I am today, and I hope that I make you proud.

Comments

what a great letter!

talking to my gma about my life's changes was a conversation i did NOT want to have. i was raised in a minister's home! ultimately, it has brought us closer....though i know she wants me to do a few things differently, we are on the same page about A LOT that i just assumed we weren't. i was so worried about disappointing her, but more than anything she just wants to make sure my heart is right. one of the things i respect her for the most is the fact that she didn't react how i thought she would. choosing a different path can make your family stronger and communicate better, and i have proof!!

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter