Starting at the Beginning

I always read "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33) and interpreted it as: Do good things for God, and He'll give you good things.


One of my favorite verses is Psalms 37:4. "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." I took that as do good things with a smile on your face, and God will give you good things.


Because I equate doing good things with pleasing God, I always, subconsciously, thought seeking the Kingdom and delighting in God meant doing good things and ultimately getting good things in return. Obviously, that's not right.


So my newest quest is to find out what exactly makes up the Kingdom of God, what is His righteousness, and how do I delight in Him? I'm making this the start of my journey.

Comments

ive been recently pondering writing a blog on some ideas that i once had about god but think i need to revamp. interesting that so many of us are on the same journey, isn't it?
anamaria said…
Kim, Just wanted to let you know how proud I am of you. I have seen such an improvement in you and your worship in the last few weeks. It literally moved me to tears this morning. I know this journey isn't easy for you. So I just wanted to let you know that you ARE touching people you pass along the way.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love