Let's Start a Fire...

Well consider Mr. Amazing deleted from my phone and my life.  In the words of Taylor Swift, "He's just another picture to burn!"

So I texted to tell him Happy Thanksgiving and that I understood that things didn't work out, although I wish he could have just said so.  I did say regardless of the situation, I was here if he ever needed anything and that I was thankful he was part of my life that year, if even for a short time.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything.  Perhaps I should have just said "Happy Thanksgiving" and left it at that.  But I wanted closure, needed closure.  I didn't want to pine away at home, thinking that maybe, just maybe, he might remember I existed.  And I wanted to be nice.  I have no real reason to be rude, and I wanted to treat him the way I wanted to be treated.

But just because you treat someone the way you want to be treated, doesn't mean they will actually come through with it.  Matter of fact, Mr. Amazing didn't respond back at all.  Not even a measly, "same to you" or a condescending "get over me and move on."

So yesterday I did what any self-respecting girl would do.  I deleted his number from my list of contacts in my cellphone.  I can't delete him from my memory, and I guess I shouldn't.  I firmly believe that people come into your life for a reason, and I want to learn all that I can from the situation.

Am I disappointed?  Sure.  I guess what disappoints me the most, is that he was suppose to be different.  He initiated everything and then dropped off the face of the earth as if I never existed.  I suppose he thought it would be easier to just fade out of the picture.  But I actually respected him and thought that he would have enough class to say, "Hey, I just can't do this."  

Anyway, it's over, and now that I've posted it for all the world to see, I feel better.  :)  Other than that and the fact that Mississippi State lost to Ole Miss 45-0, it's been a good holiday.  Hope you all had a great thanksgiving!

Comments

Randall said…
Maybe he lost his phone . . . :(
Kim said…
Yeah maybe that's what got stuck up his butt??
dad said…
there is no service in that region,it's a dead zone.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love

The Next Chapter