System Shut Down

My body waved the white flag this weekend.  It's been a stressful, emotional, and tiring past few months.  So Saturday, it was quitting time.  I went to bed feeling pretty miserable Saturday, and Sunday morning I was in the throws of a full blown sinus infection.  

I would like to proudly state that it has been a year and 2 months since my last visit to the doctor for a sinus infection.  But today when my doctor took a look at my throat, she stepped back and said "Ew, that is pretty bad!"  I got a shot and some antibiotics, so I'll be right as rain in a few days. As for taking a break, well, I can sleep when I'm dead, right?

The stress part is not all my fault.  Things at school have been pretty crazy.  Professionally, I shouldn't discuss it with the blogosphere.  I'll just say we've been dealing with break-ins, vandalism, fights, sheriffs, expulsions, and new security cameras.  I'm not concerned for my safety or the safety of my students really, but it's been very crazy the past few months.  I think most everything has calmed down for now.

There have been great people that have helped ease the stress from my lack of a social life though.  Things are as minimal as possible with Mr. Amazing.  An older male teacher at school saw me today and said "Did you go there this weekend?"  I told him no.  He then asked "Was he here this weekend?"  Again, I replied no.  "Stupid Boy!" The teacher just shook his head and kept walking.  Oh well, good things come to those who wait.  I think I'll just shut that system down for a while too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love

The Next Chapter