Conversation with God

"Why are you talking about me to other people?"
"How do you know it was about you?"
"If it wasn't about me, then why would that person have told me?"
"Ok, so if you think it is about you, then maybe I told them because you aren't talking to me."
"I'm not not talking to you. I'm talking to you. I'm just maybe not talking to you as in depth as usual. I've been busy."
"Busy or avoiding?"
"Maybe both."
"Why is that?"
"Cuz last time I talked to you, you didn't have anything to say back. So I decided I was just gonna go about my business until you decided to talk."
"Well I'm talking now, or at least you seem to think I'm talking now."
"I just wish you could tell me these things. Why do I always have to hear it from someone else? Makes me look dumb."
"Just makes it look like you aren't listening to me."
"Buh! Fine! You win. I wasn't listening or I was avoiding because I know what your answer is even though you don't say it out loud, and personally, I don't like your answer."
"Why is that?"
"Because it's the same lame answer every time....wait. Look, I know your time schedule and my time schedule is different. I know you are working with eons...but I'm working with hours and years, and in case you haven't noticed....my years are going by much quicker than before. Plus, if you haven't caught the news lately, we are in recession and people think things are wrapping up here on earth, which gives me even less time."
"Well if things are wrapping up, why would it matter anyway?"
"Don't play coy with me. It matters. I don't know why it matters; it just does. I'm human and I was born that way. You should know that of all people...well...You should just know!"
"So what do you want me to do about this?"
"I want you to change your answer! I want you to hurry up and do whatever it is that needs to be done. I'm tired of waiting."
"Are you SURE that's what you want?"
"Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know. What I want is to not be confused. What I want is for you to tell me what's gonna happen, so even if I have to wait I'll know what I'm waiting on."
"How will knowing make it any easier to wait? If you know what to go after, you may go after it too quickly and that would ruin everything."
"Ok. Well could you make it easier for me to wait by taking away things I shouldn't have while I'm waiting."
"Why can't YOU make them go away?"
"Well what if they aren't things I shouldn't have. What if they are good things and I make them go away for no reason."
"Then why would you need to get rid of them if they are good?"
"Well what if I don't know if they are good or not?"
"You can't tell the difference between good and bad?"
"Obviously not!"
"Just don't do anything you can't take back. I'll forgive you, but the consequences of your actions will already be set in motion."
"I wish you could just be straight up and tell me exactly who, what, and when."
"Where would the fun in that be for me?"
"Gee, Thanks!"
"When you live for an eternity, you have to find something to pass the time!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love