The Best-laid Plans of Mice and Men....

...often go awry!

Now, spiritually I would say to that...."Yes, our plans often go awry, but God's plan is always perfect." And I know in my heart that is completely, correct. However my flesh says, "sometimes my plan seems really good, and it would be great if God would go with it. Or at least give a girl a head's up!"

Here's the deal. MY plans were to apply for this teacher fellowship that would pay for my grad school tuition. I would take a class each semester and then load up in the summer. I would be done in 3 years and also be done with the sign-on commitment to teach in MS for 3 years. I would be free to do and go wherever with my educational counseling masters after that! Of course everyone assured me I would be a shoe-in! Well it seems that the deadline is here to announce the fellows for the upcoming school year, and I haven't heard jack. Now, this could possibly be that my nice state congressmen have yet to approve the budget for the new fiscal year and therefore funding hasn't been approved. Or it could be that I'm not getting the fellowship, and my rejection letter got lost in the mail. Either way, it's the middle of June, and I don't know anything!

So here lies my predicament. Do I go back to school or not? Is this God's way of saying, now isn't the time, I've got other things planned. Or is this simply a normal life road block that I have to work through?

I'm not sure about y'all, but for me, God likes to show up 11:59:59. I know that I'll get an answer, but it stresses me out nonetheless until He speaks. I would like to sit down with the department head and work out a 3 year schedule and make sure my expectations and goals match up with what university can offer. And now, while I have nothing going on, would be an excellent time. However, I don't want to waste their time or my time and get any of my hopes up if this isn't an option for me.

So yet again, I'm waiting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter