The Power of the Beach!

I must say I just had the most relaxing 4 days of my life. Mom and I left Monday morning to spend a few days at a friend's beach house.

Tuesday morning, I woke up, shaved, brushed my teeth, put on my swimming suit, grabbed a towel, bottled water, sunscreen and a book and headed outside to the beach. I literally laid in the sun from 8 am - 4 pm. I read, I prayed, I mediated, I watched other people. I cleared my mind completely. It was a total brain detox.

I didn't worry about anyone or anything from home. I didn't have to deal with any leftover drama. I didn't worry about any guys texting or calling. It may have been the only time in my life I was completely mellowed out.

Counting mom and I, there were 6 ladies in the house. None of us had a schedule. We all laid around. We all agreed on places to eat, places to shop, and for the rest of the time we read, laughed, sang Motown hits, and danced in the kitchen.

This mini-vacation was just what I needed!

Comments

dad said…
SHAVED?

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter