Isn't it Ironic?

My favorite line from the Alanis Morissette '90's hit, "Ironic", is "It's like meeting the man of your dreams....then meeting his beautiful wife..."

So with that opening line, you know that there is a back story, right. Here it comes.

My mom just underwent some serious surgery this week, and praise be to God, she is doing well and will be coming back home tomorrow. As a result of the surgery, I was sending out mass text messages to just about every contact in my cell to keep everyone updated.

After the 3rd or 4th text, finally declaring that mom was awake and doing well, I got a text from Good, Ole Boy asking "Did you take off work today?" So I texted back and said "No, I had grad school this afternoon, and mom refused to let me miss my 2nd class." And that, my blogfriends, was the entire conversation. I was never asked how she was neither was I told he was glad she was ok. Simply a random question with no purpose or response.

That doesn't surprise me at all, and I'm not bothered by it. I've come to expect it from him. Just seemed like typical, dumb guy stuff. But that's not the end of the story.

Today, one of the new coaches at school stopped me in the hall and asked me how my classes were last night. He then said, "Well how's your mom doing?" I was a bit taking a back. Did I tell him about my mom? How did he know? Then I remembered that he was in the room when I was talking to another teacher and he heard the conversation. So this super sweet guy remembered a conversation that I wasn't technically even having with him, and then asked me about it the next day!

So why aren't the available guys the nice ones? Why is this unattainable guy the one interested in my life and my concerns? How come a guy I actually had some semi-sort of relationship with didn't seem to care, but this semi-stranger did?

A little too ironic....Yeah, I really do think!

Comments

Randall said…
OH!!!
TRC Rockers said…
Silly girl! None of them are nice. . . . until you train them! It's like a new pair of shoes, they may be your size but at first they feel a little funny. However, it only takes a few wearings before they begin to form to your foot! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter