Tomorrow...is only a sunrise away!


It's been almost a year since I've written anything. Lately I've had a lot of people ask me about my blog, and even today I received an email from someone who had stumbled upon my blog. I started writing this as a creative outlet, and it turned into therapy for me. I never thought it would become anything anyone else would care about. Perhaps it was helpful to others. But despite it's original intentions, it was helpful to me, and it's been helpful to read all the CRAZINESS I've been through. Sometimes it's good to see how I've matured in the past 5 years, and then, how somethings never change.

And so here I am, writing again. Sharing something that may help someone, but really just chronically another event in my life that I may want to remember in the years to come.

I went on a cruise back in October, and I was determined to see a sunrise on the ocean horizon. So the last day of the cruise, I woke my mom up at 6:30, we threw on some clothes and went to the top deck of the ship. It was a bit cloudy outside and kind of light out, so I wasn't sure if we'd missed it or not. We waited for about 45 minutes and a group of people who had obviously been waiting for the sunrise also walked by us and said "What a let down." I looked at my mom, "Did we miss it? Surely not?" So I decided we should wait just a little while longer. Not 10 minutes later, we saw what looked like a fire in the horizon. And that fire morphed into one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen.

But I almost missed it. I almost gave up, just like the others. And I felt God speaking in that experience. How many things have I missed out on because I was in a rush, and I wasn't patient enough. And how many times have I complained about things, said what a let down, and walked away, missing something amazing in my life. I know that God has some amazing, majestic things for my life, but I have to be patient. I have to wait for just the right time and then the beauty will come. It may not be when I expect it, but it will come.

In fact...my tomorrow is only a sunrise away!

Comments

Randall said…
Glad to have you back, Kim.
dada333x said…
Wow I am starting to become pathetically enthralled with your blog. You are, or seem to be, genuine. When i write on subjects that torment me I have a sensation, always painful, that only I will ever know. I am sure that you have a similiar yet completely unique experience when writing. Since I have started perusing your blog you have indirectly acted as a muse, ID EST, given me something to write about. You even have me considering the unthinkable! I have, since it's conception, refused to have anything to do with the twilight "saga" (yes I put that in parentheses)and now from you brief description of it I am half-heartedly considering it. Trust me there have been many that have attempted to convince me before by championing the series' merits. I believed it was just going to be another bastardization of Bram Stroker's traditional portrayal of vampires and perhaps it still is, but I am curious now.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love