A Happy Medium??

I'm usually a cold natured person, so I enjoy the summer. Now, living here in the MS Delta, you get 2 seasons: summer and winter. Then the winter is splashed with summer days, and if you're lucky God may throw in 2 or 3 days of spring or fall. I said all of that to say that Delta State University has issues with making the temperature inside the buildings enjoyable. It's always freezing or burning up, and today, it's freezing! Today is one of those "spring" days, and they must have run the air conditioner all weekend long. Seriously, my hands feel like block of ice! Why can't there be a happy medium?? Does it have to be hot or cold??

It seems like I'm always looking for the happy medium in my life. Either everything is going great, or the world crashes down at my feet. Either I'm not hungry at all, or I'm starving! Sometimes I'm on a spiritual high, or I feel spiritually exhausted. I'm either completely bored, or I have so much to do I can't think straight. It seems my life is rarely ever just at a happy medium.

The more I think about the happy medium though, the more I think that it may not be such a hot idea. God did say he was rather we were hot or cold because the luke warm he would spit out of his mouth. WOW! Maybe it's better that I live in Highs and Lows and not in the mediocrity. There is a great fear of living in the complacent stage because we become just that, complacent. With complacency comes laziness and acceptance, and neither of those are good traits.

I do believe there is a difference between complacency and contentment though. Complacency is saying I'm here, I like it, I'm not moving. Contentment says, Ok, I'll stay here and do what I need to do until it's time to move. I try to make myself content in my situations but never become satisfied there. I guess that's why God throws me down to my lowest lows, so I'll push harder for the higher highs that I need to reach. And it's ok if I never get to stay at that happy medium because above average is better than average any day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sometimes girl you stay too high...LOL...like Blake's graduation night on the coffee....LOL You were definitely WIRED.
Good thoughts though.
Love ya,
Aunt Nay

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love