Accentuate the Positive

I'm sitting at a friend's house downloading updates to his computer all alone. So of course, thousands of thoughts are running through my mind, and you know that means a nice blog entry.

As previously noted, my days have been beyond hectic (I love it that way!), so I'm finally getting a moment of downtime to gather my thoughts and come up with some type of clarity in the madness. Out of all the negative, I wish to blog on the positive...God's blessings.

Now, I am quite aware that there are many people who may think my summer dumb and dull, but I've immensely enjoyed every minute and have had such adventures. I spent a summer living with a super couple that were extremely generous. I had a great job and met new people and of course gained new friendships. Then, I spent 2 weeks in Denver, Colorado. Again, meeting new people and developing new relationships. Now, I'm fixing to head to Columbus, Ohio for National Youth Congress, and God only knows what lies in store there.

There have been times in my life that I questioned God. I thought, "Why didn't you let that work out?? Why did I have to go through this to have it ripped from me?" There was a certain young man in my life at one time, who I felt that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. After many sleepless, tearfilled nights, I determined I had missed out or done something terrible wrong. God had definitely messed up. But isn't it amazing how God saves us even when we don't know we need saving. Had I ended up with that guy none of this summer's events would have ever taken place. I don't even know if I'd still be in church, which is a whole other topic in and of itself.

I am so grateful that God knows what's best for me. He works everything out for my good, even when I don't deserve it. He has blessed me so much this summer, sending just the right people into my life, just at the right time.

Now, my summer has been a bed of roses, but remember that every rose has it's thorns. I've dealt with several uncomfortable situations, endured the death of my grandmother, and basically lost a blossoming friendship (despite every effort to restore it.) However, these bad instances have taught me great lessons. I look at the hurts and tears this summer and only see God's hand at work. I tell you, the whole thing is absolutely amazing. I've seen sides of people that I didn't know existed. I've felt betrayal, hurt, and frustration. Yet through it all God was teaching me to be a better person, to be a better Christian, to forgive and forget.

I can't fully describe to you the gladness in my heart for the life lessons that God has taught to me in such a short time. My prayer for this summer was to experience and learn new things. That is exactly what I did....

Comments

natala said…
that's awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love