Comments and a Reply

One reader commented that my last blog entry was promoting someone who was a mockery to "The Church." I wish to reply to his comment.

Natala's story was anything but a mockery. She stated the bold truth that a lot of Christians become extremely judgmental of sinners. I am even guilty of being so "saved" that I don't reach out to others as I should. There is a difference in setting oneself apart from the world and totally ignoring their needs. Maybe Marie did have numerous opportunities to turn to God. However, it is a normal reaction for people to turn against God when they are hurt. We all feel abandoned at one time or the other, even us Christians. Many times I've asked "Why God?? Why did you leave me alone??" It makes us human, not hideous.

I'm sorry if anyone did not find this story as intriguing as I did. I'm aware that everyone can interpret the same thing in different manners. Hopefully many of you will see that this story is a warning, a push for us to be better to try harder.

Remember the Bible says that "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if you have love one for another." John 13:35

Comments

natala said…
thanks... the story wasn't so much about marie, and what marie did.
it was about my pride, about my horrible pride, my sin, and my wickedness.
i didn't want to save marie for her, i wanted it for me.

i never was a part of her world. in college, when i wasn't a christian, i never drank, did drugs, slept around, any of it, yet i wasn't a christian, go figure.
i never did become part of her world...
and i wouldn't ecourage anyone to become a part of that world... for the common sense reasons, that i would tell anyone.

we don't need to be a part of someones world to befriend them. just as jesus was. when jesus talked to the woman at the well, i am sure his disciples thought the very same thing as some people may think about marie.
i am sure if the church leaders, and the hypocrites of the time knew that jesus talked to the woman at the well - they would have responded the same way - disgust and outrage.
but the woman at the well was changed, right?
the trouble was that i never shared and befriended marie the same way christ did, and that was the problem.

i was the wicked one, i still am, i am a sinner, i have a long way to go.
sometimes i think we are better off saying as paul did 'i am the chief of sinners'.

thanks again... sorry for any trouble it caused you...
Anonymous said…
Maybe I see Marie's story in a different light now. It was more of a confession of Natala's shortcomings, which all of us have (Psalm 107 is magnificently beautiful and speaks volumes). However, once confessed, let us be healed of our sin and grow stronger in the Lord. It is one thing to question our circumstance, but God forbid we should question our Saviour. Can trust be found in the midst of questioning? I say nay, for the whole reason of questioning is to discover the truth. But Jesus is The Truth. Therefore, we ought to Trust in the Lord will all of our heart, AND lean not to our own understanding (I'm sure you are familiar with that popular verse). Modern day opinion encourages us to "question authority", and that simple phrase has hurt more than it has helped, unfortunately. Job is a witness against all of us who ever felt the need to question God. After experiencing AlL that he went through, which is the absolute worse that could ever happen to anybody, he said, "Though He (God) slay me, yet will I trust Him." That being said, I say "Yay and Amen" to having compassion towards the sinner, making the difference. I also say "Yay and Amen" to saving others with fear, pulling them out of the fire. But I don't say "Yay and Amen" to questioning or cursing God. We must be careful how we respond to life's varying situations.
Anonymous said…
All of this is interestin. I dont have anything to add. I liked the story of Maria and the comments on this blog. Yall seem smart ;o)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love