It's My Pity Party and I Can Cry if I Want To!

I don't need any encouraging comments to this blog. I don't even want anyone to feel sorry for me. After a good night's sleep, my misery won't be so large. But for right this moment, I just want to wallow just a bit in all of my sad, negative feelings.

I am so sick of being the 3rd, 6th, or 9th wheel!! Everyone I hang out with is married or dating, and it's about to drive me to gagging. You know, I'm all glad they have someone, and that they feel all warm and cheery inside, but could you please wait to the privacy of your own backseat, or where ever it is that you are alone and do all that nasty cuddling and "I can't keep my hands off of you" crap! No 22, newly college graduate girl wants to see it especially near the holidays.

I'm a very independent, self-confident person; however, I'm not dumb to the obvious. I can realize that I'm the only single person sitting at the table and that my parents are picking up the tab for me. It's ok every once in a while, but that's my story every stinking day. It was so much better 4 years ago when none of these stupid fools decided to date each other or get married. It was nice for a bunch of friends to go out to eat strictly as friends with no hugging and cuddling going on all over the table.

The issue is not that I'm ready to get married. I'm definitely not. I'm not even so much looking for my own person to shower with displays of affection. I would just like to have someone to freaking talk to and not feel like the odd man out with. It's just freakin' ridiculous.

What's bad is that I know I could settle for some "really good, not too bad looking guy", but none of them are who I want. Let's face it, I definitely know I'm not the greatest looking girl by any means. And I realize that I'm not the typical girl. I won't melt into whatever form my boyfriend may want me to fit into. I could be that person, but I don't want to be. I like who I am, and I'm not going to change myself for anyone. I know that I don't need a man to complete me. (Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend, but I don't need one. Big difference there!)

Anywaz, I'm sick of people subconsciously making me feel inadequate because I don't have someone. What I hate even worse are the stupid people who are convinced that they are better than me because they do have someone. Just to sum it up, I'm sick of spending the weekends hanging out with old married folks and "friends" and their other halves. Not that I don't have a good time and love those people, it's just the fact that I want to feel accepted by someone who doesn't necessarily have to accept me.

Who knows of any of this makes sense to you readers, but it makes sense to me, and I just needed to vent!

Comments

Anonymous said…
All I'm going to say is a good old-fashioned "AMEN!" I'll call you this week when I get home. We need to vent together!
chantell said…
Girl, you vented the words right out of my mouth. And Lord knows, we all need space to vent.
you are dead on....i feel that way sometimes, but even worse since i aint got any parents nearby to pay for me!! people are coupling up all around me, and here i sit.....i'm in your corner!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love