What's Love Got To Do With It?

I would say for the past 6 months the theory of love has been bouncing around my brain. It seemed as if I was hearing the word "love" and seeing people's version of it displayed every where I turned. Of course, "love" is a common word, so common that I believe many people take it for granted or misuse it. But for whatever reason, my heart/spirit/mind became very sensitive to the slightest mention or action of love.

So in the word's of Tina Turner, "What's Love Got To Do With It?" The only explanation for my obession with love is that the Lord is trying to teach me something, and I think I may actually be grasping it.

Let's begin with a "friendship" I had with a guy. It started off at friends, then went to flirting, and then became, for lack of a better term, friends with benefits. I was pretty attached, but the guy had some issues and a fliratious lifestyle and so no comittment was ever made. I got very angry when I wasn't treated like I thought I should have been, and I wanted to tell this guy off so bad that I could taste it. However, for some reason, whenever the opporutnity would arise, something stopped me. I found myself being nice and being his FRIEND. It was the weirdest thing, but somewhere a geniune friendly love developed in my heart for this person. No matter how mad he made me, I kept showing a godly love. Now, there were a few times that I said something I shouldn't have, there were a few arguements, and there are some friends that heard everything I was going to tell him if I could just get the chance. Many people may think my feelings towards him are because I thought I could win the guy over, etc. Well that's not the case. I'm about 99.99% sure that it's never going to work out, but not because he's a bad person and I'm bitter, but because it's just not God's plan. It hasn't stopped me from being his friend and showing myself friendly to him whenever I see him.

It was around this time that I began to catch a glimpse of God's Agape love. No matter how many times I felt wronged, I still kept loving this guy. I did it without getting anything in return. The truth of the matter is that this guy (most of the time) and just about everyone else didn't even know there was a problem going on. I saw what God's true love was like. Please don't take that the wrong way. I am by no means perfect, and I can't say that I've acquired that love for everyone. However, with this guy, for some reason, with God's help, I saw how God felt. No matter how many times we fail him, he still loves us and cares for us as if we never did anything wrong. That is unconditional love, true love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love