What's Your Love Language??

I read a new blog today. One of the post offered a site to this quiz based upon the book "The Five Love Languages."

I've never read the book myself, but a former sunday school teacher shared it during a study on relationships. So I am familiar with the book.

Here are my love languages, listed in my order of importance according to the quiz:
  1. Acts of Service--You prefer to show your love through favors and chores and doing things for others. You feel put-upon and unappreciated when your efforts are taken for granted.
  2. Quality Time--This can be expressed either through those intimate tete-a-tete discussions or via doing things together.
  3. Words of Affirmation--You need to hear praise to know you are loved and you may also prefer to express your affection verbally. Negative comments cut right to the bone. You want to hear that you're loved and how much and why.
  4. Touch--You want to give and/or receive affection physically. This may or may not center around sex.
  5. Gifts--You are moved by presents and physical tokens of affection. It's the fact that someone is thinking about you enough to give you something that moves you. The objects are of secondary importance to the relationship and sentiment with which they were intended.
I would have to agree with the quiz with my #1 love language. As you all I know, I firmly believe that we should show love, not talk love.

Comments

i love that book! my primary language is gifts...then quality time, then touch. it really opened my eyes as to why i respond certain ways to certain displays of affection.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love