It's not over til it's over....Is it??

Have you ever played a game, solitaire for instance, and you've run out of options. Yet you want so bad to win, you keep going through all the cards, re-examining everything, looking for one last move you may have missed. You just hate to give up and call it quits?

There are other games like monopoly, where you've just landed on Boardwalk with 3 houses, and you know there's not near enough money to cover the bill. This is when a bit of negotiation comes in. You offer $100 and throw in Madison Avenue which your opponent keeps landing on almost every turn. You're too involved to just give in and say game over. There's still some options left, right?

I'm ready to negotiate. I'm not ready to give up the fight. I can't say game over. I refuse to fold and show my cards. I've got way too much invested in my sorrow. It may not be the best place, but this is my cold, dark road. Somehow I got here, and You haven't helped me now. Why should I just give up the few precious things I have left??

The problem is. I don't have very much left to bargain with. The key to negotiation is to have something that the other person wants, something they find valuable enough to take. I can only think of a few things that He may want, and I don't know if I can give those up just yet. However, if I want to stay in the game, if I want to keep some extremely precious things, then I'm going to have to do something. What I'm doing now just won't work.

So, ok, we'll negotiate. I'm willing to give up my loneliness, my bitterness, frustration, and even my doubt. If I do this, you've got to step in and stop what's going on. That's the condition. There can't be any "that's not My will stuff." There can't be any back-peddling. I'll give up everything that's kept me company while I've been wandering on this road. I'll do it. But things better change. You have to live up to Your end of the bargain, or I may never trust You again. It's a hard bargain, I know, but it's all I got to stay in the game....

Deal or no deal??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter