Sugar Daddy

All preparations have been made; Students report to school on Monday!

Ok, ok. Let's rephrase that. All preparations should have been made; Students report to school on Monday! That's more like it! My room is half way ready for students. I still have some decorations that will be coming in later in the week. But most importantly, I still haven't prepared any lessons to teach. I'm hoping to wing it for the first few days. Get a feel of the class and then forge ahead.

Of course, as a new teacher, that's probably not the most logical thing to do. I'm sure it would be highly recommended that I be strict, unwavering, and start to work the first day. This is the best time to take charge of my class, etc. Well that's not me. I can't be who I'm not, especially when it comes to teaching. So say a little prayer for me that the 7th graders don't kill me. I have a peace, a calmness, and I'm not stressing. Maybe it comes from knowing that I'm in God's perfect plan for my life at this moment.

**********

Friday, as I was at the school preparing my classroom, a call came over the intercom. "Ms. Rigney, please report to the office." Some mumbling could be heard in the background, and then, "No, Ms. Rigney report to your classroom." I did as I was told and was greeted by the office secretary, a push cart, and a TREE! Not a potted plant, but a tree. It comes up to my chest!

Everyone was curious to know who the plant came from, most assuming my parents. For once, I wished my parents would have sent me the plant. No, it was "old friend, young hands" that had sent the plant. This is the same guy who bought me a bunch of school supplies for my classroom. He sent a plant, that cost him way at bare minimum $50, coming from the most expensive floral shop in the city. What is the problem with "old friend, young hands" sending me this tree? The fact that he's much older than me (almost 20 years), and I'm totally not interested. I've officially got me a sugar daddy.

How do these people get attached to me??

**From now on, "old friend, young hands" will be renamed Sugar Daddy or SD for short. Thanks, Management**

Comments

Anonymous said…
maybe you are old hands in a young body..........i doesn't get any deeper than that grasshopper

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love