Getting in Harmony with Your Talent

I'm really trying to accept people for who they are. Yet some people just seem unlikeable. I realize that it's not necessarily their fault for being who they are, but someone needs to tell them they're dirty so they can go get cleaned up!

Just because you accept someone for who they are, does it mean that you have to like them? Some people just make it impossible for you to like them. It doesn't matter what you do or how much you stick your neck out for them, they find a reason to turn on ya. It just doesn't make any sense.

Also, while I'm all about acceptance and honesty, let's clarify something else.
Why do we as Pentecostals force everyone into the music ministry. Some folks just ain't got musical talent. I can carry a tune, harmonize a bit, and even play a tiny bit of piano. I love music, and I love to sing. However, I realize that music isn't my ministry. I will never be the music director of some big church. I came to grips with that reality a long time ago. There are other things I'm good at. That's why I'm a Youth Leader. I work with young people for a living, I can organize events, and I can keep things moving.

Everyone has a strong point, some talent in which they excel. Then there are things in which they aren't so good at. I've always heard it's best to accentuate the positive. Take what you're good at it and master it.

Now, I think it's only fair to be honest with people, and we shouldn't keep encouraging them down roads they aren't meant to go. When you're dealing with a small child, it's sometimes too early to discourage them. However, when you are dealing with 18+ year olds, if they haven't developed some certain skill by now, they ain't going to get it. Quit trying to be who you're not and find out what you are good at!

It's ok to be something different than the lead singer or the piano player. There is nothing wrong with being a hostess or a media worker. Be who you are, what God made you to be, not what you think others think you should be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love