What You've Missed....

My life is so hectic I can't blog on a regular basis. I don't know if you miss it, but I do. Almost everyday I have something come up that I think to myself "I need to blog about that!" Unfortunately, when I actually get home to do it, I just can't muster up the strength to sit down and collect my thoughts. Oh well, enough excuses. Here's what's been going on lately!

Mr. Quick and Easy has not been heard from too much lately. ly got the hint that I wasn't interested in a relationship like he had in mind, and I think I've blown him off enough times for him to realize I'm just extremely busy right now. Honestly, if I really did like this guy, I wouldn't have time for him. I'm in one of my "I'm much better off without a guy" moods as of now.

More "Christlike" opportunities have been arising lately. I've been having meaningful conversations with students, and another one of my students came to church last night and this morning for Sunday School. A co-worker of mine shared a story about his class with me the other day. They were discussing Christianity and Islam and somehow the conversation turned to speaking in tongues. One student said that she thought it wasn't real and tha people were faking when they did it. She thought this because the people that she has seen speak in tongues she doesn't believe are true Christians because of their lifestyles outside of church. The teacher agreed that many people that he knew spoke in tongues were hypocrites but that he believed speaking in tongues was true because it was in the Bible. He then said, "Ms. Rigney speaks in tongues and I don't think she's a hypocrite." He said that the rest of the class agreed that they didn't' think I was a hypocrite and therefore maybe speaking in tongues wasn't fake after all. I'm glad that my light is shining so that students can see my good works and glorify my father in heaven!

We're taking our youth to 2 nursing homes before Christmas and we've pledged to make it a monthly outing. We also bought gifts from 3 children from the Salvation Army Christmas Tree. Also I had an opportunity to participate in a prison service this past week. So many opportunities are arising to help the least of these, and I'm so glad to be apart.

Other than all that, I'm just preparing for 9 weeks test and semester exams. I'll be extremely glad when the Christmas season is over. I'll fill you in on my anti-Christmas rant in a later blog maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love