Church, School, and Italy

Since I last posted lots has taken place. My student that I had the religious discussion with got baptized this past Sunday night after becoming a regular at Youth Services and Sunday School. The youth group really connected with God in the past few services. Our REMIX youth service this past Wednesday night was phenomenal. God has really been doing awesome things for the youth group. As a youth leader it makes me feel so great to see them triumph. I'm beginning to slowly find out what it feels like to be a parent. I feel terrible when they mess up, guilt even though it's not my fault. However when they prosper I feel so proud, as if I, myself, did the great feat! Deep lows but tremendous highs!

I still haven't gotten anyone that can go with me to Italy, but I am still going to go. My principal talked my superintendent into letting me go on this trip as professional development. That means that I get to have the days off with docking my pay or taking away vacation days. So even if I must trek across the ocean alone, I must take advantage of this opportunity. Now if I could only get the person in charge to email me back with some answers to a few questions, I'd be set.

School is going well. I've got one semester down and one more to go. Time is flying by so quickly; I know this school year will be up in no time. I've gotten some great ideas lately to make our study of Africa more fun. The students seem to be connecting and really learning something. I feel like I'm achieving a little something. Don't get me wrong, I still want to kill some of the kids some days, but overall it's been good. There is a new teacher who just started in January. She's having a hard time adjusting to the students. Friday she asked me how I handled the kids. She said when she sees me in the hallway I just look so calm and collected. I laughed and told her it's all a front. I said the key is just to scream louder than they do!

I love having my days busy, but I feel like I'm never quite getting everything accomplished. I want to sit and blog about everything, but by the time I'm able to sit down to blog, I forget what I was going to say. So pray that more insights will come and that I'll have the time to type them out! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love