Don't Delete My Hyperlink Just Yet!

I hope all of my readers have not lost interest in me. I hate to check someone's blog periodically and not see any updates. I've been doing that with GodDivas, but thankfully both Wendy and Jody have both posted, so my life is complete again.

Blogs have become an intricate part of my life; although lately I haven't been able to keep as updated as I would like. Even though I don't personally know these people, reading up on Chantell or Shana's life makes me feel better inside. I hope that people glean something from my rants, and that my blog-neglect has not disappointed them too badly.

Whether others are as blog-deprived as I am, I've got to do better. If not for you, then for me. Blogging is very therapeutic, and without it, I've been a mess!
*************
I have exactly a week until I'm in beautiful Italy! I have nothing packed, but I have made a list of everything I need to take with me. It's still surreal to think that I'm going to be spending 10 days in Italy without anyone that I know. I think I'm just as excited about meeting new people as I am about seeing sites like the Coliseum, Sistine Chapel, and the Catacombs.

The downside to this? I have so much to accomplish before I go. The week that I'll be in Italy is 9 week testing. That means I have to prepare my students this week, plus have all my test ready for the sub. I'm also taking an online course. I've got to have all my work done before I leave, and as soon as I return I have to turn in my final project for the class. But don't worry. I'm not going to let all of this work ruin my vacation. Once I hop on the plane, my concerns of the United States are over! It's just making it to the plane. (Oh, I didn't mention the stress of trying to pack enough clothes for 10 days in one suitcase, and still having room for souvenirs!)
**************
This past week at school was pure hell! Name a student tragedy, and it happened. We had several students get caught either overdosing on drugs, selling drugs, or hiding drugs on campus. We also had an episode including brass knuckles. If my week wasn't enough, one of my sweet 9th grade students asked me how she could tell if she was pregnant! Emotionally, I am exhausted!

At times I think, what is the use in even trying? How can I possibly be doing any good?? Then I think of that 1 or 2 that I actually do reach. It reminds me of Jesus's great sacrifice. He laid down His life for people He knew would never choose Him. So many people reject Him that hell has to enlarge itself. Yet Jesus still loves, still reaches out to the sinner. His grace and mercy amazes me. I get so frustrated with my students that I want to throw in the towel just about every day at some point. I have so far to go, so much to learn, but I'm making it with His help.
**************
I can't forget my youth at church. On Sunday mornings, I'm teaching the girls age 12-18. I absolutely love that class. We've been talking about self-respect, confidence. guys, etc. I hope they are learning as much as I am.

I had them make a list of anything and everything they wanted to accomplish. The only catch was that the list couldn't include anything dealing with a guy. No marriage, children, boyfriend. Guys were totally obsolete when it came to this list. I wanted them to know that guys aren't required to make their dreams come true. Yes, I want them to meet a great guy and get married and have a family. But more than that, I want them to experience life. I want them to believe in themselves. I want them to live without regrets of what they could have been or could have done if they wouldn't have gotten caught up in a guy.

I realize that I'm not the best role model in the world. I've had plenty of mistakes, but there are great things that I've experienced because I'm not married or in a serious relationship. Here I am heading off to Italy, last summer I was in England. I have a great job, despite it's setbacks. I feel accomplished. I've completed several goals in my life that I can honestly say would have been only daydreams if I had gotten married right out of high school.

Of course I know that God ordained marriage, and that we are built to crave a companion. However I know that there are other things in life that are just as important. It doesn't make girls like me less of a girl. It makes us different, but thank God for diversity!

Comments

chantell said…
All I can say is I am super jealous about your Italy trip. Actually, my dad is former Air Force and we were stationed in Italy from the time I was 6 till the time I was 12. (We lived in the heel of the "boot.") So I know un poco di Italiano. :-) I hope you have a blast, and take scads of pictures! (It's beautiful.)
i won't blog about my own personal jealousy of your italy trip....i'm just glad you bother to read me! i know how it is, not blogging for what feels like weeks. it's feast or famine in the blog world, but no matter which one you're doing, stick around!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love