From Congratulations to Consolation

I'm not sure when it happened. I guess I would have to say about 2 years or so, give or take. One minute it was me excitedly screaming "Congratulations!" and then next minute it's a friend patting me on the back saying "You're day will come."

Friends getting married! It sucks!

Not that I'm not excited for them and celebrating in their joy, but after all the over-dramatic happy dance, I can't help but feel disheartened. It's a huge mixture of emotions that make me seek instant consolation from someone.
  1. There's another good guy gone. Not that I was technically interested in that person. Which leads me to: Why wasn't I interested in that good, level-headed guy!?
  2. What's wrong with me? Why can't I seem to attract someone ready for commitment. I'm not even demanding marriage, but a date now or then would be nice.
  3. Why does everyone have to get married now! I'm running out of single friends to hang out with. I do love my married friends, but like it or not, marriage (especially when your friend is a guy) complicates you going and hanging out any time you want.
  4. Why do things have to change?? Why can't everyone stay on the same page as me. When I'm ready to move on, then they can move on.
I'm happy for him; I really am. I'm depressed for myself; I really am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love