I need to rant!

I absolutely cannot stand double standards. Nothing can get me fired up more than people seeing guys and girls differently when it comes to sex. I realize that the world sees the girl as the whore and the guy as the hero, but as a Christian, it shouldn't be that way. If one is wrong, the other is wrong.

I had this conversation tonight with a friend, and it made me so angry. He sat at the table and said that he wanted to marry a virgin; however, he openly admits that he's been with plenty of women. Now, I on the other hand, do not condone adultery, however previous sexual history does not weigh heavy on my list of criteria for a guy.

Don't get me wrong. I would much rather marry a virgin for the fact that I wouldn't be compared to anyone else and that is the type of lifestyle that I agree with spiritually. However, I realize that we all make mistakes, and the fact that some people don't come to have a relationship with Jesus until much later in life. Also, I realize that guys are guys, and inside each one of them lives a dog that is very hard to tame. So the likelihood of me being 23, finding a virgin man is extremely low. Am I going to hold on out on love as a result? No!

Here's the thing though. If a guy can change from being a male whore, then a girl can change too. God told the adulterous women to "go and sin no more." Who am I to say that someone's sins aren't washed away. It just bothers me that guys, even Christian ones, can be so hypocritical to live a loose lifestyle, but still expect to get the good girl. They don't want to be with a "tainted" woman, but they sure don't mind doing the tainting!

The thing is, I know that this guy has slept with other girls, even after he's started to be a Christian. That doesn't change the fact that I think he's an overall good person. I think he's a more sincere person when it comes to God and living right than a lot of people I know. But I know that if I made one mistake and slept with someone, that he would see me completely differently. And that's just not fair!!!!

Comments

chantell said…
Not only isn't it fair, it's sick and arrogant. I don't know if I could have continued the conversation. The double standard (especially in the "church") reeks.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love